Patient Counselor Job Description
Patient Counselor for Premier Eye Surgery Center in the South Bay
This is an exciting opportunity for a full-time Patient Counselor. You will be working for the Best Vision Correction Surgeon and Best Place for LASIK in Silicon Valley (16 years running). We are looking for a person who wants to provide an extraordinary, once-in-a-lifetime patient experience and outstanding medical care alongside a very professional medical team. Furlong Vision Correction has a wonderful reputation as noted in hundreds of 5-star YELP reviews. Community service is part of our culture and we have donated over $1M of treatment to deserving individuals in the Bay Area for over 20 years. The work environment is fun and we provide extensive training and support in the specifics of our clinic. As a Patient Counselor, you will act as the primary patient liaison during their engagement. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, goal driven and have the ability to connect with a diverse group of patients. You must be able to close sales, overcome objections and be comfortable asking for the sale. No medical experience is needed. We will train the right person.
Reports to: Patient Counseling Team Management
Position: Position is Monday-Friday 8AM -5PM. Some overtime will be required.
Compensation: Base salary: $22- $28/ hour
Bonuses: Quarterly Patient Counselor performance bonus of up to $1,500 per quarter. Additional team performance bonuses at management discretion.
- Educate and counsel patients on all aspects of procedures and help patients make informed decisions about which procedure is right for them.
- Effective communication about pricing and financing packages consistent with our Gold Standard approach.
- Effective and timely follow-up to prospective, current and past patients.
- Provide every patient with customer service that reflects being the Bay Area’s premium provider of quality refractive surgical care and highly-personalized service.
- Perform visual acuity, auto refraction, topographical mapping and other ophthalmic testing as needed ( we will train).
- Update patient records and treatment plan using NextGen EHR system.
- Follow clinic standards that reflect being the premium provider of quality patient care and customer service.
- Communicate with our affiliated Optometrist partners on their patient’s pre-and-post-operative care.
- Other administrative and clinical support duties as assigned.
- Consultative sales experience of two+ years. Experience with high-end elective medical, dental or retail sales is a plus.
- Demonstrated commitment to world-class customer service and outstanding patient care.
- Proven track record for establishing a positive relationship with patients based upon understanding their motivation, fears and decision criteria.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Handle work-related tasks with minimal supervision.
- Strong time management, organizational and prioritization skills.
- A professional, responsive and calm telephone demeanor.
- Well-groomed, professional appearance.
- Able to demonstrate a background in providing great customer service and willing to go above and beyond to create an uncompromised level of customer service.
- Exhibit a good balance of listening skills and possess great verbal and written communication skills.
- Punctual and committed to the success of the business.
- Must be proficient with PCs and desktop software.
- Working knowledge of EPM/EHR medical records systems desired.
- Must be able to pass a comprehensive background check and drug test.
Medical, dental coverage included after 90 days. Paid time off (PTO) of three weeks per year included. Eligible to participate in 401K with annual profit-sharing match after 90 days.
We offer comprehensive training, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and an excellent career opportunity in a growing segment of technology driven medical care!
If interested, please fill out and submit the form below with a cover letter and resume. Furlong Vision Correction is an equal opportunity employer.